There are currently over 300 websites like YouTube on the Internet and the number continues to grow. No wonder. In the past few years, the technological development and the advent of Internet have made life easier and more comfortable. With everything from our cell phones to laptops to keychain trinkets coming sporting video cameras these days, more and more people are capturing and sharing digital video.
CISCO is forecasting video to dominate global IP traffic in the coming years with major jumps:
- By 2014, the sum of all forms of video (TV, VoD, Internet video, and peer-to-peer) will continue to exceed 91 percent of global consumer traffic.
- Global Internet video traffic will surpass global peer-to-peer traffic by the end of 2010. For the first time in the last 10 years, peer-to-peer traffic will not be the largest Internet traffic type.
- The global online video community will include more than 1 billion users by the end of 2010.
- By 2014, it would take more than two years to watch the amount of video that will cross global IP networks every second; to watch all the video crossing the network that year would take 72 million years.
- Global file sharing traffic is planned to reach 11 exabytes per month in 2014, 22 percent CAGR from 2009-2014.
The reasons why video sharing is that popular are on the surface.
Producing and uploading online video is quite affordable as there is no major investment needed. A little bit of experience in shooting videos and some knowledge in uploading videos.
Online video sharing is the most essential and helpful marketing strategy for almost all the internet marketers worldwide. Whether you want to watch or upload music videos, movies, or just a personal video about your business or family, you can do it easily and quickly. If you want to advertise your business and get huge amount of revenue conveniently and quickly, you can do this with the assistance of online video sharing.
Sharing videos online creates a nice impact on clients as compared to other marketing tools.
YouTube still owns video share industry. 43% market share of YouTube remains light years ahead of everyone else in the space. ComScore estimates that YouTube served more than 13 billion videos during April 2010. At the same time, many other video share sites gain ground as well.
What are you waiting for? Start your own site like YouTube!