Aging may be a part of life, but it's not always fun as shadows, lines, age spots, uneven pigmentation, and dark circles begin to appear. As we age, the skin loses collagen, a key structural element, and begins to sag into lines and wrinkles. Elasticity decrees, and the texture of the skin is marred by acne scars, sun spots, and other blemishes. Environmental damage, caused by sun exposure and pollution, can also take a toll on your appearance.
Although aging is still inevitable, you can avoid or reverse many of the visual signs of aging. Many people undergo surgeries such as facelifts and brow lifts. Others opt for using an effective skin care treatment. If you have started to see signs of aging, or want to stop them before they start, take a close look at your skin care regimen. To protect your skin from damage, stay out of the sun, always wear sunscreen, and protect it with quality anti-aging skin care products. Using the right products can maintain and improve the health of your skin.
If you have already started to notice signs of aging, begin a skin-care regimen to turn back the clock. If you have not yet seen signs of aging, start using quality skin care products at a reliably early age, to prevent a lot of age related skin damage from occurring in the first place. Such products can protect your skin before free radicals have a chance to affect skin tone and cause wrinkles.
Any good skin care regimen must contain elements for prevention, protection, and correction of skin damage. In the last few years, there have been significant advances in anti-aging skin care products. Today's cutting-edge formulations include physician grade products with proven results. The best skin care lines contain active ingredients that have been proven effective at preventing damage or restoring the skin.
Look and feel your best with SkinCeuticals and SkinMedica. Advanced lines like these can prevent further damage, protect your healthy skin, and correct existing skin conditions. These products use pure, pharmaceutical-grade ingredients backed by scientific research. Some of the powerful ingredients contained in such products include:
– Vitamin C, an important antioxidant, protects your skin from damage while maintaining collagen levels
– Vitamin E, another antioxidant, improves the softness and smoothness
– Vitamin A reduces the appearance of wrinkles while building up collagen
– Alpha Hydroxy acids smooth fine lines and wrinkles
– Glycolic acid helps to smooth the skin while improving collagen levels
– TNS, a blend of collagen, antioxidants, and proteins. This tissue-repairing complex can reverse damage, leaving you with skin that is softer and younger-looking
– Hyaluronic acid, or HA, is found in the body's cartilage, blood vessels, and joint fluid. When used in a skin care product, HA moisturizes skin from the inside out, smoothing wrinkles by filling out the skin.
These restorative ingredients work below the surface of the skin, helping the body to repair damage. Good skin care means more than achieving youthful, radiant-looking skin. By replenishing your body's own nutrients, these products may even prevent skin cancer and other serious skin conditions.