If you are going to succeed at building a list of subscribers and clients, then do what successful list builders do. A successful list builder is one that understands all the processes of building a list of subscribers; from the initial traffic, to lead capture to connecting and selling.
In addition, this person is a business owner and sees the potential in a particular niche or market that can be developed and monetized.
The challenge for beginners is putting together all the facets and components so he or she can get the list developing and growing as soon as possible. These challenges can be overcome but there are steps that need to be taken in order to get the business built.
Here are the steps that you need to take if you are going to build a list of subscribers and clients:
1. Use a squeeze page. This lead capture process forces the searcher to take action if they desire to receive the information that you have available to them.
2. Use the numbers. The power of numbers needs to be on your side. The more people you have subscribing and opting in to your list, the more sales you should be able to make if the products and / or services are what your subscribers are in need of.
3. Test and track everything that you do. Now you can go to great lengths and dig deep with testing and tracking, but be mindful that you need the numbers to do this. In order to test you need to have enough subscribers.
4. Treat your subscribers with respect. Treat your subscriber right and you will have one that that holds around for the long-term and may become a client or customer. When subscribers get to know you they will either take it to the next level and begin to like you and what you are offering or they will unsubscribe or delete your messages.
5. Sell on the back end. Back end sales are where you can increase your revenues, so make sure to have products or services that are strategically placed in your sequence of email messages and even after the searcher opts in to your list.
6. Focus on one or two sources of traffic. Start out by focusing on one to two traffic sources and see if they pan out and work for you. Then once you know how the traffic source works you can decide to grow it or move on to another source of traffic.